Old 01-31-2023, 04:54 AM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by ahwu View Post
HI to those who are new to the swap. I have joined a few rounds of birthday swaps in the past few years and was considering skipping this year because I did not quilt or sew much this past year. But I like receiving the candies and love preparing them to send out to the Birthday person. Can't resist. I got some new fabric and fussy cut took me a little while, but February Candy is finally in the mail today.
So good to hear from you. Plenty of time for your birthday surprises to arrive on time. I agree the anticipation of opening all of those packages brings such joy!
I lay my little squares in two long columns of about 23 per column and then add the extras on the top. They are layered but still very thin.and easily pass through the 1/4 inch slot at the Post Office. There are lots of different ways to stack your little squares depending on the size of the envelope you use, but just keep them thin, Packaging ahead does help them to snuggle together and flatten out. In the past I even put them under a heavy book for a couple of days. Silly but it worked to squish out the extra air in the envelope.

Stay warm everyone. Many of us are going to experience some bitter cold in the next few days. A pot of soup and a day in the sewing room seems like win, win to me.
Attached Thumbnails winter-weather-ma_gree_20110201110947_640_480.jpg  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 01-31-2023 at 04:56 AM.