Thread: Boom 28 Holly
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 10:42 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

LOL! By 'undiciplined' I meant I was supposed to be working on other things, and instead, with zero self-control, I jumped right into the quilt I wanted to make instead. Be free, Quilters!

The Alaska quilts are a design wonder. Just to show how much can be done with a big hexagon! Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts designed them and she has several out, done in different colorways and placements. They can look totally different from each other. I loved the soft greens in this one. Two of my friends are doing the original Alaska in beautiful batiks. Hard to go wrong with that pattern.

Hi Lstew! Great idea for the Christmas quilt to be given away at your family Christmas party. Won't someone be thrilled! Your last Christmas quilt was awesome. People really knocked themselves out on those blocks.

Janice, hope the babysitting was fun. We are supposed to go to see our GKs tomorrow, for the weekend. The bad weather may change our plans, tho. Memphis was pretty hard hit with ice and snow flurries this week. But I miss my little ones and long to see their beautiful faces! We'll see what hubby thinks we should do tomorrow.

Terri, are you in Texas and have you had a bad ice storm? We heard it was bad in Texas. Hoping you and your place are ok.