Thread: Archive
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 09:03 AM
JENNR8R

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
Interesting that you use the archive to find new posts. I just use the "New Posts" at the top of the page.
This is a good answer from wesing in a previous thread:

"the reason we like the Archive button is it lists posts by sub board in chronological order of the original post. Posts we’ve already seen are one color, and posts we haven’t seen are in another color. The New Posts button shows you all posts, whether you’ve already seen the thread or not, that have new posts in them. I personally don’t like clicking into threads I’ve already read. If I want to follow a thread, I subscribe to it, and I can click the User CP button in the upper left and see my subscribed threads and know which ones have new posts in them (those are bolded). I click the little symbol to the left of the thread title, and it takes me to the first response I haven’t seen. Using the User CP and Archive buttons, I can look at only new posts that I’m interested in, without having to scroll through pages of responses I’ve already seen. It’s a huge time saver. Right now I’m not seeing much of the board’s new activity because I don’t like scrolling through a bunch of stuff I’ve already seen. Maybe I’m lazy, but this is how I interact with the board and I don’t want to spend time doing 8t another way. I hope this gets repaired soon."