View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 02:07 PM
Littlebearkay

Default More on cabinet

Originally Posted by Littlebearkay View Post

According to her serial number she was born in 1930 and she is installed in a cabinet with a treadle that has SINGER in the middle of it, with the pitman arm attached to an electric box. Her cabinet has fittings for the treadle, including the spoke wheel, the only thing i think i need is the little dog leg that attaches the pitman arm to the treadle wheel, which sadly i cannot find. It has a bizarre sort of "sheet metal" cover over the treadle wheel, making it so i cannot access it directly and despite exhaustive searching I am not having much luck with finding this feature on other people's machines. Is this something anyone else has encountered? I believe i need to remove this to convert it back to treadle, but it seems mounted on in a complex way that is mysterious to me..
I think the plain metal guard or cover is supposed to be there -- a vertical slice in the center allows access to the rotating top of what looks like a piston head. The cabinet is five drawers, open, with plain metal legs. SINGER is on the treadle plate itself not on the supports like most others. The mounting for the pitman arm isn't a single hole either like most models i see--its got like a fork in it that the arm sits between mounted with a large bolt all the way through. I am at a total loss for what this cabinet might be and what parts i need to get it back to treadle.