View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 05:20 AM
BonnieJP

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
BonnieJP....I'm in eastern Iowa. Are you referring to the Mississippi Valley Quilters organization and quilt show? If so, I've always wanted to join, but sadly never have. But I do love the quilt shows!!
No, Linda, it's the Pairie Star Quilters' Guild of St. Charles, IL. I joined the guild about 7 years ago and absolutely love it. The guild meets monthly and offers virtual monthly retreats; in person retreats; monthly speakers like Jamie Whalen, Angela Walters, Laura Wasilowski, Lynn Koolish, Diane Murtha, Barbara Eckmeier, etc. Members have an opportunity to sign up for workshops held by the monthly speakers. We can also participate is several bee groups depending on our area of interest (e.g. Scandinavian quilts, Featherweights, etc.). The guild provides fabric and batting for charity quilts for Quilts of Valor, McDonald House, Shriner Childrens' Hospital, etc. I don't know exactly how many quilts the guild donates each year, but I know I personally made 77 quilts for McDonald House and Shriner Childrens' Hospital in 2022. The guild has a quilt show every two years and they really out did themselves for the 2022 show. It truly is a fantastic guild run by a group of fantastic board members. Here's a link to the guild's home page: Prairie Star Quilt Guild – Welcoming all quilters! (psqg.org)