Old 02-20-2023, 05:29 PM
WMUTeach

Hellooo, all. I just sent out the Birthday Swapper information by PM. No need to let me know it arrived. I can see it in my sent box.

My fun day was a trip to Shipshewana with a quilting friend to bargain shop! One of the beautiful quilt shops had 30% off any thing in the store: notions, all fabric, rulers, fat quarters, sale items, new lines of fabric and the bargain room. I bought fabric for a quilt for myself in 1930's reproduction fabrics. I have been whining about not being able to find a white bedspread within my budget, so, I will make a quilt instead. I also picked up four cuts of white on white that I use so very much. I have one piece left in my stash and it is designated for a graduation quilt coming soon to a grad near by. Like many of you, I have been shopping from my stash since before the pandemic and it felt marvelous to shop for what I wanted for myself and not what is for someone else. It feels a bit selfish but then, hey, I get to have a quilt too! I did my part to support the local Shipshewana economy. Can't imagine needing much additional fabric for a while. Tee-Hee-Hee.

Thank you for all of the new pattern ideas! We swappers have plenty of ways to use our birthday squares. As Travelinggramma said, so many patterns and just not enough time. Sew on my friends.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 02-20-2023 at 05:32 PM.