View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Feathers

[b][u]Wonton Noodle POPPER POCKETS

6-8 Fresh Jalapeno Peppers-seeded/most of membrane removed -diced
1 (16 Oz) Package Wonton Wrapper Noodles-room temp.
*1 Cups Jack Cheese - shredded
*1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese - shredded
1 tsp. Fresh Garlic-minced- I used home dried garlic reconstituted
4 Green onions-chopped small - I use home dried onion reconstituted
1 (8 oz) Pkg. Philly Cream Cheese-room temperature
Black Pepper to taste
Oil for deep frying - I use a small saucepan and cook 2 pockets at a time.

Prepare Filling:
Put Philly Cream Cheese in a mixer bowl. Add the cheeses of your choice, the chopped peppers, garlic and green onions. Mix everything together and season with the black pepper. Fill the Wonton wrappers with approximately 2 TBLS. of the Cream Cheese Mixture. Fold wrappers into triamgles then press with moistened fingers to seal. I place the wonton wrapper in front of me with one corner pointed at me. I put the filling mixture in a line on the lower half of the wonton, fold the bottom corner up and over the filling then bring the side points of the wonton up and over the ends of the pocket using a bit of water on my fingers to make the noodle stick then I ROLL the wonton pocket up until I have a nice little pocket. Moisten the last corner of the wonton and set aside. Do this until all filling is used up.

Heat oil (WATCH IT CAREFULLY) until it reaches about french fry cooking temperature. When oil is ready CAREFULLY put a pocket or two into the boiling oil using a slotted spoon. Fry to a golden brown, turning once in the cooking process. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined cooky sheet and continue cooking the rest of the Popper Pockets. Serve with your Ranch dressing or with any dipping sauce of your choice. Chili dipping sauce is good and I love these with my homemade Chinese Plum Sauce.

Makes about 18 pockets. If serving for a party appitizer, cut the pockets in half diagnonally and serve on a bed of shredded lettuce with Cherry tomatoes or tomato flowers as garnish. Tomato flowers are made by just cutting zig zag cut around the center of the tomato going all the way through to the center of the tomato then pulling each half apart. Very pretty presentation and soooooooooo yummy.

*(I use whatever kinds of cheese I have on hand but the original recipe calls for the Monteray Jack Cheese. We like a couple different kinds of cheese in the pockets).