Thread: Decluttering
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 01:20 PM
c joyce

I'm in the middle of doing the same thing, but I am having success by telling myself, "Yes, this is a really good magazine, instruction book, great piece of fabric, this color of fabric can be this or that" then I tell myself how excited someone at the local thrift store is going to be to find such treasures (I volunteer there once a week and see first hand how much joy some of these things give). Just think of them finding new, loving homes with someone who will treasure them. Only those UFOs that I know I will complete are staying. Others are put with the pattern and fabric in a plastic bag and donated. Every box that goes out of my sewing room is a joy to me. I'm in my second month of this cleansing and so far, not one thing given away has caused any remorse or dashes to the thrift store to recover it. The moratorium on bringing in anything new to the sewing room stays in effect until I am done with de-cluttering and only keeping what will serve a real purpose and not something to have "just in case".