View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 06:24 AM
OurWorkbench

Default March 2023 Colorado Sewing Machine Get-Together - Part 2

Dorothy

Dorothy sent us the following notes of the last month and some associated pictures. She says:

Hello!

Feb passed quickly as any 28 day month.

I did find a Griest treasure in an accessory kit consisting of all the plastic cams for the buttonholer! It includes an eyelet templete. Not sure the difference between a cam and template, but the box calls them templates!

There other activity predates the sewing machine, requiring a repair to a pair of shoes my daughter bought from Poshmark, A used item site. She purchased a pair of Haflinger wool clogs with the stitching letting loose. Roughly 5 hours of needle & pliers "by hand" completed the repair. (I do confess to the feeling it took 7 hours to thread the 3 ply thread into a too small needle which was easy to manipulate inside the shoe.) The repair was rather successful. The photo shows the area across the instep where the stitching let loose and after stitching. Stitching had also let loose around the foot opening which was stitched again and the rear tab was glued and stitched back into place. A small pair of jewellers needle nose pliers were employed. I got a lunch in payment.

It elicited a comment from my daughter that she should learn how to do these repairs herself as her Dad & I will stop doing them at some point.

Looking forward to Saturday!

Dorothy

dorothy-img_20230207_231843.jpg

dorothy-img_20230219_124033.jpg

dorothy-img_20230219_155249.jpg

In Closing

Thanks to Dianne, Courtney and Dorothy for sharing their interests with us this month. We will post here again next month. Until then, thank you for reading.