View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 11:57 AM
Wildernessties

For months I've kept trying to log into quiltshops.com with no luck so I was very happy to find this post. I wish I'd found it sooner. I loved quiltshops.com as I often search for fabric by theme such as science, computer, moose, farm, etc. That way I could find prints in multiple shops with just a single search. I've tried the FabHopShop but it isn't very good for me. I find I often now go to a website like Etsy or Ebay to search for what I want. Ibex94 mentioned some good shops, all of which I've used. On Over the Rainbow you used to be able to order fractions of a yard like 5/8 although I'm not sure if they went smaller than 1/2 yd. I haven't tried this lately so I don't know if it still works or not. They seem to have two websites and it only worked on their older site.

I do like Etsy as sellers often offer free shipping on orders over $35. It isn't hard to get to $35 any more and that allows me to get an extra piece of fabric for almost free. In other words if my order is $30 and they add $8 for shipping for a total of $38, I may as well add another piece of fabric to my cart to get a total of $35 or $36 and I get more fabric for less month. That's my kind of shopping. Most quilt shops don't offer the free shipping unless orders are at least $75 - 100.

I haven't been on here for a couple years but I am reminded that I need to check this site out far more often. There is so much good information here. Thanks for all the previous posts.