View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 02:32 AM
quiltsfor

Originally Posted by SallyS View Post
Your kitty is adorable. I must keep my very much loved cat out of my sewing room because she can't resist thread and has had surgery because of it. Keep a good eye on your beautiful kitten.
I agree. I always keep our kitties out of my quilting room. Besides threads, there are sometimes pins and needles that have fallen onto the floor. Cats are curious by nature and you just never know. Cats have hooked tonuges and once they get something in their mouths, they tend to just keep working their tongue until it goes down their throat. Daughter does cross stitch and had kept it in her living room on a stand. Her cat saw a thread laying on the top of it and lapped it up, only to pull out the needle from the cross stitch that was attached to the thread for her next sesson. Down the throat it went, all the thread and the attached needle. Thankfully, daughter realized it and immediately took the cat to the vet and there were able to retrieve the needle and thread through surgery. PS (information): If you see a thread on either end - never pull it, as it could be tangled inside, and can cause stranglation of tissues if you try to pull it out. Let a vet do what they need to do!

So glad your kitty came through okay.