View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 04:59 PM
quiltsfor

I was shocked at our local Goodwill store. I needed to drop off a donation, and since I hadn't been in the store since covid started, I decided to run in to see if there was any quilting fabric. My shock was the Goodwill Store did not have one single donated item in it. It was basically now set up like a dollar store. All and I mean all of the items in this Goodwill Store were new. They were the kind of items you would find at a dollar store, new clothes, under clothes, towels, sheets, pillowcases, vases, fake flowers, gloves you name it they had it (hugh store). I couldn't beleive it. It looks like they had bought old lots from other stores. All in their orginial packaging. The entire store!

I make my donations to Savers, another thrift store, I only didn't this time because it didn't open until later in the day and I was out early running errands - Goodwill opened earlier than Savers. Savers is definitely a thrift store, everything is donated and sold through their network of stores. I am going to save my donations for Savers from now on - I have no idea what this Goodwill does with all the donated items. They difinitely don't put any used/donated items on the shelves there.