View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 01:24 PM
sewingpup

To raise money for our guild we have done two things. However, some of the money raised goes also to charities in the area in addition to helping pay for batting ect. One of them is an auction But how the auction is run that at the beginning of the year, members bring in "orphan blocks" ect. Then members pick an orphan block and make something out of it. Then in the fall of the year, members bring back the made projects, then an auction is held. and yep the buyers are usually the guild members. Anyway, it is fun and really amazing to see what guild members have made out of our left over blocks and bits. The other thing is to make a group quilt and then sell raffle tickets. We have some very talented quilters in the group and some of the raffle quilts have placed in quilt shows. Again, each member sells the raffle tickets and we set a minimum each member must sell. Well, some of us just buy all the required tickets ourselves. We do make quilts for charity too, usually donated fabric and made by guild members. Some folks who just like to piece will bring their completed tops and other members will do the quilting. We have made a label with the guild 's name on it for the back of the quilt. Would I buy a "kit". well, I think I would be more tempted to buy the completed project as I have so many UFO's but I probably would to support the guild.

Last edited by sewingpup; 03-19-2023 at 01:29 PM.