View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 02:18 PM
GingerK

We have done 'in house' raffles. I was quite honoured when my top was chosen for the last one. It was a queen sized scrappy that I pieced and then was quilted by one of our talented members. Tickets were $2 each or 3 for $5 and were on sale through 3 months of meetings. And since it was in house only, we did not need a raffle license.

Every other year, we would hold a quilt show and we would get the raffle license, and as sewingpup said, each member would have a certain minimum amount of tickets that they had to sell (or buy themselves which is what I tended to do)

Our guild has also done a 'brown bag' raffle (members donated items and/or fabric . Each lot had a brown bag in front of it and members purchased tickets to put into the bags. I think the price was 10 tickets for $10. At the end of the evening, a ticket was drawn from each bag and that person won the prize.) One year they held an auction of the more expensive donated items on the same night.

Would you be offering these kits to the general public perhaps in conjunction with a quilt show? You might do very well with that endeavour.