View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 05:38 AM
SuzSLO

I bought the Q20 last August to compliment my older Bernina 1090QE. I was originally going to buy a sewing machine with a larger throat space than the 5.5” afforded by the 1090. But I like the 1090, it is still going string and has just enough of the “cute stitches” to provide versatility to my sewing and piecing options.

I really like my Q20. I have it on the Horn lift table, which I also love. Adding it to my sewing room required a lot if reorganization, so I took my time before I bought.
While 20% off sounds nice, don’t rush into a purchase. I sat next to an impulse buyer at a Know Your Machine class at the dealer and she was still intimidated after owning it for several months. There are other sales from time to time, with the best prices often found at the bigger quilt shows. Bigger quilt shows will also give you a chance to try several brands before you buy.

As between the Q16 and the Q20, the footprint of the table is the same, only the throat space is different. Because my biggest limiting factor when I bought was the footprint, I upgraded to the bigger throat space. Ruler quilting on my Q20 is a joy!

Feel free to reach out if you have questions.
Attached Thumbnails img_1804.jpeg