View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 10:27 AM
sewingpup

I have owned 6 Bernina machines. The first was a 440 with the bsr....I traded it in for the 630 which I used for a long, long, time. Then I got a Bernina 570 which had decent reviews, but I seriously think mine was a lemon, it kept giving me bird's nest in the bobbin area and they happened just out of now where. So I traded it in for a 590 and was a bit worried about it but after a fairly steep learning curve, I am loving the 590. I also picked up a Bernina 215 red machine which is a very simple Bernina but I was going to use that for classes as it weighs less just before covid, well, I got used to the easy of doing a quarter inch seam on the 215 which has a narrow feed dog and I was still fiddling with getting a nice 1/4 inch seam on the 590 so I bought a Bernina 475 with the 5.5 mm feed dogs (had more of the bells and whistle which I had grown accustomed too with the 630 and 590). Love that machine too. OH, I recently think I have finely mastered my 1/4 inch seam on the 590 by using my regular foot and moving the needle position over 4 clicks. Ha, so now I have 3 Bernina's that I love and all are fairly new. Was it the Covid lockdown????? Anyway, I should be set for now. Oh, and somehow I also got a Viking Topaz 40 that came during the frustration with the 570. I like that machine too! Hopefully all four will never be in the shop at the same time and I really haven't had any problems with them this past year. I really am loving the Bernina's but have to admit, they are Diva's and there is a learning curve to them, once mastered, they purr like kittens. The learning curve goes up with the fancier the machine. The little 215 was pretty simple. I don't think they are making the 2 series anymore, but they have 3 series that is also nice.

Last edited by sewingpup; 03-20-2023 at 10:33 AM.