Old 03-20-2023, 11:07 AM
WolfTribe63

Default Wanting to alter my quilting frame question

Hi ALL,

It's nice to meet all the fellow quilters!
I've been quilting for nearly 50 years and I'm lost without this device. So hoping someone can help.
I have a question about my older style quilting frame to see if it's possible I can alter it or use it without an attachment it has. I have the older version of the Inspira Quilting Frame using the Pfaff Hobby 1200 Grand Quilter Machine and stitch regulator. My frame has that odd upper pattern shelf on it. Those that have owned the older model Inspira Frame will know what I mean I'm hoping. This is the pattern shelf with the laser that was attached to follow the pattern lines. I recently moved and I have a smaller size room I have to use now. Is it possible to update this into something I can still use by leaving the upper shelf off but still be able to use a pattern graph and the lazer or possibly even a stylus to follow the patterns? Ideas on WHERE to place the patterns or add a different shelf to the back of the frame maybe?..... The problem is the room design I have to use is an upper attic room with silly sloping roof angles on BOTH sides of the room. (face-palm LOL) This shelf will NOT fit in the height of the room well sadly and I'm so upset. Any possible ideas would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible to do something without having to buy a whole new frame I really can't afford after Covid disaster? ~ THANKS for trying to help me in advance