View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 10:44 AM
petthefabric

I’ll second talking with the cancer unit. They may have funds available to help out.

Some fund raising events are extremely time users and hard to get people to volunteer: quilt show.

As someone said, members tend to buy the raffle tickets for opportunity quilt. Fun to make but find the committee to raise money befor making the quilt. As a member I hated selling the tickets and just donated the cost of tickets. As a prolific quilter I didn’t want to win another quilt.

The easiest, most fun and definitely profitable fund raiser I saw was a member raffle of UFO’s and orphan blocks. What happened was the planned program was cancelled 1 wk prior to the event. An e-announcement went out there would be a raffle. We thought maybe 2 tables would hold all the stuff. 10 tables later, all of the stuff could be squished onto the tables. Paper bags were put at each item. 5 tickets/$1.00. We had 3 persons drawing tickets with 6 runners to hand out stuff. It took 1 hour to distribute all the stuff. LAUGHTER!!!! A quick, painless $300.

Orphan blocks were $.25 each.