View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 06:18 AM
SuzSLO

Based on the price, it looks like you are shopping for a Q16 on the Adjustable Table. By the way, I think it is a good price as the Black Friday deal last year was about $100 more.

One of the reasons that Bernina can offer such an attractive price is that an upgraded model, the Q16 Plus, was introduced about a year ago. It is the same size as the Q16, but can be mounted on the Bernina Studio frame, where it then has additional capabilities. So my first advice is to make sure that you will never want a frame, because you will have to replace both the sewhead and purchase the frame.

Next, make sure that the “adjustable” table adjusts to the right height for you. I think there are only 2 or 3 options.

Also, be aware that it doesn’t seem like most owners fold down their adjustable tables to the 9” width for storage very often. The machine and table are just too bulky to stow away quickly after every use.

If you haven’t owned a Bernina before, be aware that every accessory you may need or want is also expensive.

I’m sharing all this not to talk you out of it, but to make sure you go in with your eyes open. I spent several months looking into the machine before I bought. I am very happy with my Q20 on a lift table.

Finally, if you buy, try to take advantage of a dealer education class. Bernina is doing a series of StitchWise events right now with hands on use of the sit down machines. You can find some of the dates here: https://www.bernina.com/en-US/Learn-...lever-Quilting