View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 06:37 AM
maryb119

Default Duck, Duck, Goose

The LQS had this quilt hanging in the window almost 2 years ago. I don't usually buy kits, preferring to choose my own fabrics but I had to have this one. I just fell in love with it! I even bought backing fabric and thread to match. I tucked it away to make later, knowing that I had it and it wouldn't haunt me for not buying it. The LQS has a challenge each month for our quilting group. This year, they did something different. We were handed a sheet of paper numbered 1 thru 12. We were to make a list of 12 things we wanted to accomplish in 2023 for quilting. We could write down UFO's or anything else we wanted, sewing related. At each meeting, a number is drawn from a hat and that is what we are supposed to make for that month. This baby quilt was the first thing for me. It was a lot of work with applique and hand embroidery, but the directions are well written and easy to follow. It's called Duck, Duck, Goose and it's from Megs & Me. I enjoyed making this one so much, I am now working on another one in yellow with my own fabric choices.
Attached Thumbnails resized952023032895154029.jpg