Thread: Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 10:08 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanPD View Post
My husband agreed to help me organize the craft room tomorrow, and neither of us are great at organizing, so could use some suggestions or ideas.

It is a small room, with slanted ceiling due to being a cape. The pictures make it look a little bigger than it actually is.

These pictures are from April, I didn't think to get new pictures before I started trying to move everything out of the room in preparation for organizing it tomorrow. Most of the bins you see are full of fabric (Plus a lot more fabric I've picked up since April)

Behind the shorter cubby shelves are bolts of fleece fabric as well

My studio has only slanted walls.

I would have my sewing desk and ironing station side by side, fronts facing each other, away from the walls, with possibly the window behind you. Bring electric to the ironing board and sewing machine by using an electric cord reel, with four 3 prong outlets.

I would take away the white storage unit and build in a closet with very large, in expensive, light weight, sliding doors. Put warm and natural batting on the doors so you have a display wall.

In front of the really low wall build another low floor to ceiling closet that ends up being 36 in. Tall. Add 30 in. Doors and shove stuff like batting, and big plastic storage bins in there and in front of that rolling carts with smaller items or fat quarters, all behind those doors.

Another area that could potentially give you alot of storage is getting a wide cabinet, make a ironning board on top of that. You could also use it to cut on by laying a cutting mat with support under it on top of your ironing station. I am still working on that.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 04-09-2023 at 10:15 PM.