Old 04-10-2023, 06:58 AM
sewingpup

Depends on what you want to quilt it with. I do not have robotics. I do have stitch regulation; I do have a 26 inch neck and a 12 foot frame. I usually do a queen in 3-4 days with about 3-4 hours per day. I usually do what I call a meander plus. So, yep the basic is an all over meander but I throw in things like bubbles, leaves, ect. Ruler work will add time, custom with feathers and such will add a time. The amount of time it takes, should decrease as your skill level grows. There is a well known longarmer in my area who will quilt for well known designers and others and does absolutely beautiful work. She will have a show quilt on her machine for a week quilting it several hours a day. I simply don't have that type of skill. I am perfectly fine with the type of meander I do to hold my utility quilts together. You could go ahead and take the quilting class so you can use the shops machines. That will give you a chance to learn the basics and give you an idea if you really want to invest in the frame and the learning curve.