Thread: Spring flowers
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 02:24 PM
Honey58

Default Spring flowers

This is my 2nd quilt top following a pattern. Blocks done. Between the 1st and this one, I made a scrappy top with just strips where I didn't have to stress about measurements as long as I squared the blocks accurately. So feeling refreshed, I was ready to follow a pattern and the photo attached is the result.
I am happy with it, but feel too inexperienced to understand colour combinations on a quilt top. which is why I need help.
Also, the pattern has the 4 sides cut off to square up but I do not want to cut off the sides. So I will need to add triangles along the 4 sides and the 4 corners.
Q. 1. The block is 13.5" Unfinished. What should be the measurement for the triangles?
Q.2. I am undecided about the colour to use for the triangles. Should I stay with white? Should it be a coloured fabric?
Should I choose one of the greys seen in the small squares?
I have learnt so, so much from the Board members and hope to continue learning. In fact, it is due to the Board that my interest in this hobby is sustained and I want to go on.
Attached Thumbnails img-20230416-wa0374.jpg   20230417_124833.jpg   20230330_154304.jpg