View Single Post
Old 04-18-2023, 01:32 PM
gardengirl1331

Ok so after posting yesterday I turned everything off again and unplugged everything, then plugged it back in. It worked fine until about 30mins ago when the beeping started again, this time when it beeped I just kept my foot on the pedal and it did show a foot pedal ! so I assume it's that. But this machine is only 3 months old. I keep it, and the pedal very clean (the old machine I have I had for 7 years before taking it in for servicing (bad I know, but there really aren't any repair shops anywhere near me anymore) and the guy said it looked brand new inside and that I keep it very nice looking. So it can't be that. I have read a bit and see that these newer Janomes have foot pedal problems, so that's not helping my feeling about this machine, especially since it cost so much (I'm disabled and my LTD is very low, it cost about 2 months worth of it!) Like I said I contacted the shop only a few days past the 30 day return period telling them that I just can't "bond" with the machine and was having issues with my health due to it and was told basically it's my problem now. I contacted them last month about them maybe buying it back to sell used and they never responded since then. It'll cost over $200 to ship it to them for warranty work, each way, so this brand new machine is now going to cost me at least $400 just to get it working right again. I can't afford that. I did just try to contact Janome and they only have the contact form for embroidery machines, mine isn't covered under any form I can find, so now I don't know what to do. I hate to say it (because again my emotions are getting the best of me here due to my health stuff) it's making me just want to quit sewing/quilting. I still have my old machine, so I guess I can just keep using that, but it's getting older and I worry being a computer machine it won't last too long, not sure if what I read is right but they say around 10-15 years tops on them and it's already 9 years old. I just want to get rid of this thing, but I can't sell it since I don't want to pass a problem onto someone else if it's more than just replacing the foot pedal. Plus I spend years saving for it, and then my great aunt passed away and gave me a tiny bit of money so I could actually afford it. I was so excited and now I just feel sick about it.

I will try to contact the dealer again, but I don't have high hopes anything will come of it since they never got back to me about my questions or anything else. Their site doesn't have anything but a number to call instead of an online form, so it might have to wait, not sure when they close.