View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 06:13 AM
mmunchkins

Originally Posted by gardengirl1331 View Post
Oh I'm so jealous of everyone's old boards! Mine I bought during a half off sale at Joanns about 10 years ago. I loved it at first but in the last few months it's been giving me problems. I turned it over last month and saw it's missing 2-3 screws. It's only ever in three spots and I've never seen (nor has my husband) any odd screws on the dining floor. So I plan on taking one out and going to the hardware store to see what I can find to replace them. The top is slowly breaking on one end too. I've done research to find another good one, and wow have ironing boards gotten bad! The reviews on all of them are horrible! I'm tempted to have my husband make me one (like what bearisgrey said I would like it soon! haha) problem with making it out of wood would be the weight. I don't sew in my art room it's more for storage since it's a smaller bedroom and between my fabric stuff, painting stuff, photo stuff and drawing stuff there is NO room. so my sewing room is the dining room, I move the ironing board from there to the living room and I don't think I'd be able to move something handmade and heavy like that. I'm so tempted to just use the island (our kitchen and dining room is one big room) that my husband made since it's nice and sturdy, but we also prepare food on it, I don't want to have to worry about grease/sauces/etc. I would have him make a moveable top for it but ironing around the counters and the floor, which is never as clean as the living floor is, just wouldn't work.
Would you be able to attach a hinged ironing board to the wall in your art room? Kind of like a murphy bed. That way would not use any floor space most of the time.