View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 04:27 PM
ElaineCovid

Default hoop template question

Hello everyone,
I have a Husqvarna Ruby Royale embroidery machine, that I bought several years ago and hardly used... (I know, shame on me).
Now I'm trying to teach myself machine embroidery and doing not too bad considering the beginners lessons I had were probably 10 years ago....
So, on to my question.... I struggle to get things centred as well as I should. I noticed a couple of my hoops have a plastic template that has markings for lining things up - Great!!!
However, these templates all have a mark for centre that is centred right to left (once the hoop is in the machine), but the top to bottom template centre mark is not centred. The 200mm (8 inch) square hoop is actually rectangular in shape and the template only has a square marked on it, it rests with the 8 inch square being to the bottom of the hoop. Empty space fills the rest of the template.
I went to the dealer today (not the one I bought from years ago as they went out of business). The salesperson kept telling me it was because the hoop was classed as an 8 inch square hoop. When I pointed out the actual hoop work area was rectangular and larger she really didn't have any answer. She finally said she just measures her fabric and marks where she wants centre to be, and through trial and error gets the embroidery centred based on her marks...
To me, this does not make sense, why would the company produce a template if it wasn't meant to be a helpful tool and why isn't it accurate for the entire possible embroidery space?

Can anyone provide some guidance?

I bought some gridded template plastic with the intent to make a couple templates for my hoops that don't have any and that's when I noticed this issue/discrepancy...