View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 09:40 PM
Gemm

Some awesome stories here and many congratulations are in order:

Ibex, for knowing when to step off the wagon but remembering to check the route so you can catch up again soon!

Elly, for putting 18 yards into a quilt... I can't even imagine it and I hope you can get some help with posting pictures soon. My method is to email myself the picture and reduce it to about 1 MB in the process, save it to desktop or a designated folder, then "go advanced" on my message, choose the file I want and attach it (remembering to scroll all the way to the right and hit UPLOAD - this is the most important part!).

WMU, for being able to step away from free fabric, even if it wasn't a huge temptation.

I'm also celebrating a partial finish - I had made these tiny house blocks last February (inspired by a MSQC video) to use up some scraps as well as a precut pack of white charms I'd been gifted. I learned a lot about what not to do when making flying geese blocks (which ended up helping me in my second-last quilt top) but mostly learned that I don't really like working with pinked edges! I decided it was time to put the blocks to use (before starting another project) so I culled out the wonkiest blocks and ended up with these 56 houses, then added some trees when I didn't like my H:W ratio. The grey was also from stash, as is a piece of black and white striped fabric I will use for binding. As always, my stash seems to be overflowing but I'm glad to get this flimsy done. :-)
Attached Thumbnails img_8343.jpg