View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 01:44 PM
CMARAS1234

Wink Orphan blocks quilt, my Favorite

I made one yrs. ago . I named it MOM LOVED YOU BEST> and my grandson claimed it. I ask for several orphan blocks and received about 30, they were all sizes, 8 in 10 in12in and 14 in . I started with the 10 in blocks in the center made a rectangle and put a border around. then i went to 8 in and surrounded the rectangle twice. with them , then added the 12 in and another border in between and use the 14 in blocks with sashing for the top which make it nice for pillow piece top, then a border all around for a large quilt and used the last four 8 in for corner stones. at each side.This was yrs ago. when aol .com first started and I had a block from LORETTA SMITH FROM PINEAPPLE ARE A PIECE OF CAKE. AND BRENDA GROETZ FROM KALIEDASCOPE FAME . This was in the days of bulletins . no chat rooms. I also have a mystery quilt top from a swap with LORETTA . WHERE WE SENT IN FABRIC ONE A MONTH.. AND LORETTA WOULD SWAP THEM OUT, AND SEND THE NEXT PATTERN BLOCK with the fabric that she matched and returned all the leftover fabric when finished, when we had all 12 blocks done, for another Quilt scrap quilt. For you younger quilters Loretta was with Eleanor Burns for many years. also used compuserve.com . PS I AM 85..

Last edited by CMARAS1234; 05-01-2023 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling