View Single Post
Old 05-07-2023, 05:56 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by true4uca View Post
May have to try mineral oil, just used the last of my sewers aid a new half of. bottle is 24.95, yikes. Our prices are ridiculous. Our small metler type thread is now $3.06.
About five years ago I was wondering about Sewer's Aid and downloaded a SDS for it. It is CAS # 63148-62-9. So I went looking for products that had that CAS # and found that Super Lube has a Silicone Oil with the same CAS # I got mine from Home Depot. When I went looking for it again, I found that the price has jumped dramatically. This is the one I have https://www.homedepot.com/p/Super-Lu...KVs_GfmYFxy61k But it is four ounces. Amazon used to have it, but unavailable now. I see that you are in Canada. I tried looking for it on Amazon.ca with no luck. Super Lube has a lot of products so it is hard to search for. I did find Super Lube's site and the same product number 56104 that you can click on Find a Distributor and maybe you could find someone near you that if they do not carry it, they can order it for you. Actually, I had to wait a bit to get mine as there was not a Home Depot near me that actually carried it. Yes, it is rather expensive, but when it costs close to that for a half ounce of Sewer's Aid and the Silicone Oil has eight times as much, I figure I come out ahead in the long run. Plus I can use the silicone oil for other things.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)