View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 04:38 AM
gardengirl1331

Originally Posted by Ncb607 View Post
I am having the same problem and have been since buying my MC 15000. I just got it back from service last week and the bobbin case jumped again last evening. Mine was bought from dealer used but I have noticed what looks like a crack in the white part under bobbin holder. I use ONLY Janome bobbins and have found a new bobbin holder seems to help for awhile. It has never done it during embroidery which uses a special bobbin holder. What did you do about your's?
Well I just bought a couple new bobbin cases. I got a very small bit of money when my great aunt died, enough to cover the rest of the cost of a 6650 with what I had saved so far, and I don't like it at all. Had an issue with the foot pedal which seems fine now with them replacing it. I've been trying to sell it locally but no one is interested, too bad this didn't happen during COVID I probably could have sold it for almost what I paid for it instead of trying to unsuccessfully sell it at $500 off new when it's only a few months old. But I just can't bond with the machine at all and I'm back to my 6300. The bobbin is still a little wonky, but now I just deal with it, when it gets really bad I'll just put in a new case. I have no clue how the white part got scratched since even at it's lowest point the needle is no where near it, and how would it have gotten through the bobbin case? I do worry I'll need a new machine at some point, which I'm not sure what to do when it happens. I love quilting, but my health isn't real great and it's getting harder and harder to do some things, so I'm not sure if I'll quit, or go to a real cheap "crappy" machine to save money and just deal with that, that way if something happens I'm not out a ton of money like this last time (I don't have any shops near enough to me to go really test much out, aside from Joann's which only has the basic singer models. Or any repair shops locally either since the guy I brought this to I told him about what everyone here told me about the bobbin case and asked him to order me one to test it and he never ever got back to me!! So I was out hundreds of dollars in "repair" work that never really happened it was only barely cleaned (and he didn't oil the wick since it was super dry when I got it back!) when all it was was the bobbin case needing replacing!)