View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 06:15 AM
quiltsfor

Default What to do with wool?

I was just gifted yards and yards of expensive wool material. Two different kinds of green tartans, and one red tartan. The wool was his Scottish mother's, so I couldn't say no. It is really pretty and soft. But, other than thinking about making a small wall hanging for the person who gifted them to me, as a thank-you, I have no idea what to do with it.

I'm worried about moths, for one thing. The wool is clean, doesn't smell, has been kept folded in bolt form (without the cardboard) and it is probably (I re-folded it) close to, if not 108" wide. All together, estimating -- I'm thinking about 25 + yards. The red being about 7 yards, and one of the greens close to 10 yards, and the other green 10+ yards? Just an estimate as I'd have to measure to be sure.

I could make a quilt, but would need to add fabric and I really don't want to buy any wool fabric. Plus, I have allergies to wool. At the moment, my hands, face and eyes are itchy from refolding it and now I can feel my lips puffing up. So, that would be a nightmare in itself. So, No, No, and No!

Honestly, I don't know why I'm even writing this. Do any of you work with wool? It is so pretty and soft, not scratchy at all, but definitely wool. I just feel a sad, because I know I'll probably just be donating it.
Attached Thumbnails img_5921.jpg   img_5918.jpg  

Last edited by quiltsfor; 05-21-2023 at 06:21 AM.