View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 06:23 PM
Rmercado59

Originally Posted by Shayn View Post
Hello,
Please forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, I have searched and searched with no luck. I have acquired a Dressmaker SWA2000 and as many of them the gear that operates the zigzag is broken. I have taken it to two repairmen in my area only to be told by one that the machine is junk and by the other that he will only service it for a straight stitch because the labor for replacing the gear is too intensive. I have found through this forum as well as a few others that people are getting this gear replaced somehow. I would like to replace this gear as I have found what I believe is a replacement that isn't plastic so it won't just fall apart again. Does anyone have any instruction on how this gear is replaced or maybe could recommend someone in the Oklahoma City area who would actually be willing to replace the part (I've called a few places since learning what is wrong and the guy who will service it to be a straight stitch only machine is the only person who is even willing to work on it) It's a beautiful machine and I would like for all the options to work on it if at all possible. Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.
Oh my, I just found out yesterday that my gear is cracked also for the zigzag function. I hope we can get some answers on where to find a replacement gear and how to replace it. I absolutely fell in love with this machine and am so determined to get it fixed instead of accepting that it will only be a straight stitch machine.