View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 02:02 PM
Rose_P

Some additional information: This machine has a side-loading vertical bobbin and a high shank. I have only one presser foot, a zigzag foot with the outwardly pointing toes, and it doesn't sew very straight. I think Sewing Parts online has a snap on adapter for high shank and a kit with several feet, which I would get for the machine if I'm confident that it's worthy of them. I have the metal accessory box, and it has brushes, screwdrivers, three thimbles, and an extra shuttle race and two additional bobbin cases, but no feet. My DIL also gave me a couple of O'lipfa quilting rulers she found in the house. They're look new. I know her mother made some prayer quilts for her church group a long time ago.

This experience drives home the point about how important it is for me to clean up my own disorganized sewing supplies. I know where things are and what they're for, but my heirs wouldn't have a way of knowing what goes with which machine. For example, the top of my Ellisimo has been removed and stored on a high shelf since I bought the thread tree that's attached in the same mechanism as the lid. Would a non-sewist, or even an experienced one who isn't familiar with this machine know to look for it or how to switch it back onto the machine? Would they have any clue about how to remove the embroidery arm and that it goes in a particular (huge) suitcase that's designed for it? It's no wonder that when we find used machines of any ilk they are often missing vital parts.