View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 08:36 AM
charlottequilts

So, after reading everything online that I could (pretty much all the same thing), I have concluded that all of the fabrics I received are digitally printed.

The lack of color dots wasn't evidence enough, as I've had screen prints without them, and I was still hopeful that they were screen prints because I could see the front pattern, kind of, from the back, but the selvedges are just weird - very stark, large print and wider than normal. All say "Marcus Fabrics Copyright Protected."

The Aunt Grace prints are likely usable, as they are soft and similar to what I have, but the Paula Barnes Companions are not. The fabric is thick and stiff (probably loaded with ink) and likely will not fade similarly to the screen prints I was going to use them with.

Marcus has certain fabrics coded with a D on their site, but none of these were. I checked Every Single One.

So, that is my cautionary tale. I will have to find a quilt shop to fill in these colors and likely soon while a choice is still out there.

And, if you're going to read about this, you can save time stopping with one or two sites, as they are all echoing each other - environmental benefits! and (much more quietly) money saved on the production end.

hugs,
charlotte