View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 11:43 AM
cashs_mom

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I can't stand digital prints, mostly because they snag on my needle and I end up with little white streaks. Same if I try to pick out a seam. Can't quilt them without the little pulls. Yes, everyone will tell me to change my needle, but it still happens then. I feel like we are in for a quilting doomsday if these don't hold their colors through many washings as screen printed fabrics do. I'm afraid of the quilts fading quicker than screen prints would.

I've gotten pretty good at spotting digital prints when offered online. I am avoiding them now, but what if all quilting fabric is printed digitally in the future? Good thing I began hoarding fabric before the digital prints came along! LOL. I could easily quilt til the end of my life with what I have stashed now.
I hate it when we are cornered into using what some anonymous entity decides we should (usually because it's cheaper for them and they can still charge us the same). Digital is definitely not always best. Music officianados are going back to vinyl because digital sounds kind of sucks. The best hearing aids I've had were my first ones 20+ years ago because they were analog. The sound was definitely closer to real sound, but the powers that be decided digital is better and that's all there is now.