View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 12:07 PM
quiltsfor

Originally Posted by Slsweets22 View Post
“I'm thinking I might unroll all of my older jelly rolls and store them lightly folded in half instead of rolled, and lay them flat in a container. And do it for new ones as well. Letting the fabric breath some instead of being tightly rolled up.”
Maybe roll it up on a tp or paper towel roll? Or other cylindrical item? Folds will crease over time, as well, just not as badly.
Thanks, I thought about doing that. But I try to keep any cardboard out of the craft room. I've heard that it attracts bugs with the glue in it. And since it might be a long time 'storage' I don't want to take the chance.

I started just this week with all the jelly rolls I have and now, when I get jelly rolls, since I tend to get multiples of the same ones, as I make queen and king size quilts. I am opening them and matching all the like fabric strips from the different rolls and putting them together in one stack, then lightly folding that stack in half. They fit well in my totes and since there is many strips of the same fabric together, it isn't a tight fold, plus it will save a lot of time when I'm ready to start a quilt with them.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 06-05-2023 at 12:13 PM.