View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 04:23 PM
WMUTeach

Chaos has calmed a bit. I did not set the timer but dove in and started clearing the floor of projects, little snippets of sewing detritus and opened bins. Then moved UFOS and unfinished projects and all the accompanying fabric into small bins and stacked them up so I can see them as individual projects and not a giant mess. Found some scraps that I cut into 2.5" squares and put them in a "miscellaneous" box to be sorted by color later. Then I moved to label some small shoe box bins so I know what is in them and can either take on the project or add appropriate pieces to finish the project. Lastly I found a bag with a UFO that I promised to another quilter for a QOV, it had been given to me. Amazing what one finds when you clean up just a little deeper!

With that done, I finished 5 disappearing four patch blocks for a project using RWB scraps and made 6 blocks for my quilting group's mystery quilt. That makes for a very good day in my book. A big breath and a sigh. I feel better about my sewing space now.

EmiliasNana, I have donated already this year and may take another look later, perhaps fall. It is a good way to lift the weight of "too much stuff" off of my shoulders every now and again. I give to several quilt groups first and then Goodwill after that. I have also given to local schools and the fashion design students for their charity projects at my university. Onward to conquer or to make more progress on the unfinished projects.