View Single Post
Old 06-29-2023, 11:19 AM
sewingpup

I let my fear of not being able to do classic customized quilting feathers and wreaths and all that keep me from enjoying my hobby at first. . I was thinking I can't do that. Well 12 years later, I still am not there. My favorite quilting pattern is what I call meander plus. It is basically a meander with little motifs thrown in here and there. My favorites to do are meander with hearts, meander with leaves, meander with loops, double loops, and triple loops or a combination of them. I am finishing a graduation quilt for my niece. I showed some examples of each of these and she really liked the double loop de loops. So that is that. That is what it will be. I do make them in different sizes and directions intentionally trying to make them look more naturally organic than anything formal. I have accepted that is the type of quilter I am. The quilting is the part I do so my quilts stick together and that is just fine. I have a 26 inch Lucey APQS machine on a 12 foot frame with stitch regulations. No computer, just the basics. I really do like her. Just go for it, you do not need to be like anyone else. You will find out which you enjoy doing and which you can do. At my age, I don't have the fine motor skills for delicate formal custom quilting. I am just fine for my organic meander plus.