Old 03-10-2010, 07:28 AM
omak

Originally Posted by billswife99
I fianally got my Encore book today. I was so excited to come home and dig thru my stash for all the colors I wanted. Then I start reading the book and the directions for the cubes I want to make are not in there! :hunf: What the heck? So now I just gotta wing it. If I had known that I would have skipped the book and been done by now. :x Any body know what size to cut for the skinny cube blocks shown on page 31?
okay, I don't have the math .... I had looked at the pages, and I wouldn't bother to make the cube in the manner described, though no doubt, one would end up with fewer "orphan" blocks, though I can't even guarantee that!
Consider this! each part of the cube is actually a hexagon consisting of three colors ... so! make yourself a set of three strips that will finish up to the size hexagon you are using ... you could even oversize the outside strips to give yourself some wiggle room.
then, use the same principle for cutting the triangles out of the strip set that you used for cutting the other hexagons ... (the ones you made for the bulk of the project)
sew the triangles together that will give you the cube you desire ...
does any of that help? <wave>