Old 07-08-2023, 10:32 AM
KalamaQuilts

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
No sewing for me right now -- back trouble. After some observation, I think it may be the cutting that is the issue, and may be time for an electric cutting machine. I've avoided thinking about it because they seem so darned complicated. I enjoy the simplicity and straightforwardness of the rotary blade and cutting mat.
When I was having my worst back issues cutting machines weren't even a spark in someone's eye, now I have serious eye issues, and at my age, I think cutting machines would not be in my best interest. But now... and since most of my stash is used or sold, I will certainly consider precut quilts down the road. Expensive, but not the waste of buying and then storing fabric Anything that keeps us in our happy place and serves us well is to be considered.

From observing here on the board I think the machine costs are more in the shape sets. I only use pieces 3" or less and the 4 or 5 different basic shapes and I think those come in sets now. So probably really practical if I were middle aged. Let us know what you decide!