Old 07-13-2023, 09:49 AM
joe'smom

Originally Posted by elly66
I have actually learned to cut sitting down as the old body just wasn't cooperating with the slightly leaned over of cutting. It took some practice though. The creative grids stripology ruler works great. Much better than others I've tried before. A little pricey but the large one I use all the time for strips and blocks.
Thank you, elly66. My problem is I have no hand strength (ruined joints), so the momentum for cutting has to come from my back, and I don't think that would work sitting down. I'm glad you found what works for you! I agree, the stripology seems to be much more accurate than the Martelli ruler of that type that I tried. Problem is, I can't keep that stripology ruler from shifting, even with gripper strips all over the bottom of it. I suppose that also goes back to the weak hands. The Martelli stayed in place, but there was too much play in the slits.

There don't seem to be any GO! dies available in the sizes I need. I'm a traditional methods quilter, so I use 2 3/8" + the corresponding 4 1/4" inch squares for geese, and so on. They seem to be focused on specialty blocks and applique shapes. Hmm.

edit

Re the dies, I think I just saw the error in my thinking!

Last edited by joe'smom; 07-13-2023 at 10:01 AM. Reason: update