View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 02:41 PM
AlZilla

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
I trashed a cabinet like that one that was beyond saving. The controller was built in to operate with a knee lever. Unlike other machines of that era, it was not removable. The controller part was buried in the bowels of the cabinet. You had to destroy the cabinet to get to it. I still have the parts of the controller (no idea why I haven't trashed it). I'm just saying this, in case your cabinet is like the one I had.
bkay
Thanks, no mine has a regular foot controller. There is a variant that apparently had some kind of a lever at floor level, attached to the cabinet. It stuck out on the (inside) right side, about half way back. That would be very nice,

I moved my 21 cabinet with a 15-91 to a different sewing space today and set the "new" 42 cabinet in it's place.
(in case anyone notices that the 21 is actually a treadle cabinet, the 15-91 sits nicely in it and doesn't disturb any of the treadle part).

It's time to move a few of these machines along. I have so many I hardly have room to use them. But I love them all!