Old 08-04-2023, 04:43 PM
ibex94

LAF I have no hope that my original treasures will make it on time. Tomorrow I will mail off another set that I hope will get there by your birthday. If the original batch makes it to you, then you'll have two sets and that's ok with me.

With regards to the quilts, I have given those to my cousins. We share the same grandmothers and they did not have any of their quilts. My brother got one, too. That picture is attached. I don't know how everyone did not already have a quilt. I am determined to document all my great-grandmother's quilts. My great aunt passed her half of her mother's quilts to her daughter and my cousin (once removed) says she still has a closetful. I will be taking a trip to see what she has one day. I had a Grandmother's fan quilt that I grew up with from the great grandparent's efforts and it is tattered with love. I am slowly tracking down appropriate fabrics to repair it. I loved seeing some of my tattered fabrics in brilliant color. They really were stored well and now my generation can enjoy them.
Attached Thumbnails six-pointed-star-quilt.jpg