Thread: Hello Everyone!
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 11:00 AM
roseOfsharon

I am new to quilting! lol I feel like this is an AA intro! teehee.. just kidding! Well about me and my interests: I am a mature lady, live in Maryland, married with two children grown Son 32 and daughter 29.. I have two darling grandsons, 2 1/2 yrs and 5 mos. :) I go by "mimi" over grandma etc. Having retired or I should say became unemployed by choice, I have found the need to do something creative. I can crochet (basics) and sew for own enjoyment. But I have always wanted to quilt and never had the time or felt I had. I had at one time started a quilt for my daughter when she was 6, lol got extremely exhausted with cutting all the tiny blocks that I thought I wanted to use! They were all 4 inch blocks of colors/prints/checks. To my horror back then, not privy to doing things in chain or using special rulers to cut, lol I had made a template from a piece of cardboard and cut each square at a time ! Needless to say sewing was easy but putting the colors together was another thing..... to make a long story short ... I gave up!

I started browsing sites here online and found this wonderful site and have been visiting since Oct,2009. Just getting up the nerve to say Hello and join in some!

Now that I have the grandboys, I had decided to do something for them and made a huge sports quilt for the oldest (flannel) ... way to big for his Toddler Bed! and a small bright colored one for the youngest .. and a few table runners and one quilt for the Quilts for kids. I am not sure of freemotion quilting, that scares me! I have sewn in the ditch and attempted some small appliqueing. Nothing fancy mind you. And at the moment, I have ventured into the Block of the Month quilt by Claudia's Quilt Shoppe introduced by Lockeb. This will be a real challange for me with all the small wee pieces to sew! Wish me luck!

I am pleased to be in this forum and hope to learn much as I move along.