Old 08-15-2023, 02:10 PM
Quossum

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Quossum, you have more patience than I have to open only one pack a day :-) So why is school so stressful this time around for you. How can we help? Are you a K-12 teacher? Hang in there! Whatever your age students are, they need you!…
Oh, there’s nothing anyone can do; it’s just the state of the world right now. Thanks to budget concerns our district is down some teaching positions, which means everyone else has larger classes. Some changes happened so swiftly that I wasn’t even informed that my master schedule (what classes I’m teaching at what periods) was changed…I found out when kids started walking into my room at the time that was “supposed” to be my conference period. So now I have an additional “prep”—a different subject to prepare for each day. (I had two preps last year; this year I have three.)

So, I have larger classes than I’ve ever had before, a jarring and exceedingly unfavorable change to my master schedule, and an additional prep…no biggie! Roll with the punches! Do your best! You got this!

Oh, and believe me there’s much much more…new programs that we have to do, new requirements, more expectations, all completely mandatory and non-negotiable, of course. But to go into all that would put all this much further into the “rant” category than it has already strayed, so I’ll stop!

I want to give up. Really I do.

But, oh well.

Thanks for the encouraging words, though!