View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 06:04 AM
Snooze2978

I have a mat that's 4' x 8' fit to the table I made out of a sheet of plywood and 2 custom made bottom sections of a bookcase. The tops have both gone to the garage. I added another piece of plywood about halfway down for an extra shelf to store stabilizers, containers of scraps and whatever else I could throw there at a moments notice. I also keep my longer rulers on the ends as they take up too much room on the pegboard behind me. This size gives me plenty of room to unroll a bolt of fabric and cut to my heart's desire, making piles of different cuts. I love it plus it's the perfect height for me at 5'5". At the ends which are enclosed cabinets I keep my embroidery books on one end and quilting books on the other end.

The mat is a self-healing mat with markings on both sides. I've been using this mat for probably 7 years now and have yet to have to flip it over to the other side. Only issue I see is that the markings are not accurate so I use a ruler or tape measure to measure my cuts. Company is now gone from online................wonder why????