View Single Post
Old 09-03-2023, 07:16 AM
toogie

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
Every quilt tells a story. You did an amazing job resizing all the blocks. I'm curious as to what your friend said when she saw how the quilt top turned out.

You are so funny describing your long arm set up. What machine do you have shown in your photo? It looks like it has a nice throat space,
Here is my machine. It has 18 inch throat space that allows me to quilt as big of a quilt as I want. I bought it used from a lady a few states away. She had her papers when she bought it brand new. She let me try it out and so we were there 2 hours. She explained oiling and such and then of course showed me her brand new programmed machine. The one I have you have to guide the quilt around and make your own designs, either free hand or ruler. Since I usually make mostly bed size quilts I do my meander or stipple, but I have used a ruler to make a grid on a 60x80 ish quilt that came out really pretty. It’s in my albums here. The Sunflower quilt for my granddaughter. I’ve had my machine since 2019 and so much better than trying to quilt on my regular machine with a normal throat space. I did quilt 2 queens on a regular machine, before getting this one and believe me, it was possible but not easy!

ps. The friend doesn’t know I have it done. She just bright it Thursday morning so I may wait a while before another visit-lol
Attached Thumbnails img_9234.jpeg   img_9233.jpeg  

Last edited by toogie; 09-03-2023 at 07:18 AM.