View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023, 01:51 PM
Peckish

Originally Posted by QuiltersSon View Post
I didn't notice if your site has a Classifieds section or not.
Originally Posted by patricej View Post
please note that you can't sell any of it here. We have strict rules about who is and isn't eligible to sell in the QB thrift shop.
She used to also take other people's quilts (sorry, don't know if there's a name for un-assembled quilts) and, 'quilt' them (hope I'm saying that right).
Most quilters call them tops, unquilted tops, or flimsies. Your mom was a longarm quilter. The longarm is the "big-ass quilting machine thingy", and depending on age, condition, and accessories, may be worth a decent chunk of change.

I'm looking for advice on how best to deal with the room - either break it up or try to sell it all at once or some other idea AND where I should post it for sale.
As others have stated, it is highly unlikely you will be able to sell all of it at once. Most people either cannot afford to purchase all of it, or would want to pick through for only the items they want.

Use local resources. Contact the local quilting guild, quilt shops, and even her longarm dealer. Sometimes longarm dealers will sell used machines on commission. You could hire an estate sales company to deal with it, but be careful and get someone who knows what they're doing with regards to sewing and quilting items. I have been to many estate sales where the estate sale people had significantly underestimated pricing (you lose money) or overestimated pricing (nothing sells).