View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023, 06:45 PM
QuiltersSon

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
How did you find this site? There are any Facebook groups for selling sewing items. You can list on those groups. Many high end machines are listed and sold. Aslo Marketplace would be the best route to sell the big items fast. I doubt any posters here will buy from a seller with no history on the board. I wish you good luck and comfort.
I think I typed into the google machine something like 'quilting forums' and you're not going to believe this, up you guys came - like a miracle sent straight from heaven. God loves the interweb (probably..)!

Nope, not a FB person, I think I'm the only person on the planet that didn't take that dive.

What 'no history'?? - I'll have you know I have 10 posts (11 now) and I'm a good person and rarely kick dogs or slap children!

No, kidding - I get it. Sites like this have their own vibe and community, everyone protecting everyone else. I had a girlfriend with really long hair, she belonged to a Long Hair forum that was extremally protective of it's members. I also belong to a Jeep Forum and in their own way, just as crazy about protecting the tribe from outsiders.

The advice I've gotten so far has been fantastic, I'm going try all of it. While I generally thought of most of those ideas plus maybe taking an ad out in a couple of the Quilt magazines, my primary reason to come to a site like this was to see, if by chance the consensus might be to hold out and sell it all as a package. I secretly wanted someone to take what my mom made into a well oiled quilting making machine and incorporate it into their studio or for someone to take it all and just magically plug in and go crazy with making (and finishing) quilts.

Pure fantasy, I know. And now that I've heard it from you guys, now I really know.