Old 09-09-2023, 12:33 PM
WMUTeach

I sent a message to our swapping pal, Petthefabric, inquiring about her experience with hurricane Idaila. Below is her response that came to me as a PM.

"We are inland 20 miles and a higher elevation. Being from California ,hurricanes are totally new to me. Hurricanes form over warm water and increase over water. Therefore they run along the coast until forced inland. When they go over land the very quickly downgrade. Also, over inland they stay at the lowest altitude possible. The chances of our being in the path is minimal. Many of our friends and church are in zone A=the worst. All of the church properties were dry while next door was flooded. Hmmm….. coincidence? Church properties are being used for staging centers and many members are workers. Now, the wet areas are molding and stinking. Still lots to do.

Another thing new to me is spin off tornadoes. Have no clue if we’re a potential tornado area.

Our clean-up is to empty emergency water bottles, use gas bought for generator, put out patio furniture, etc"

Well, everyone, it sounds like Pet had an adventure learning about life in hurricane land. Good to know that she is fine and back to normal after storm activities. Yeah!

I have never experienced a hurricane. I am only experienced with tornadoes and snow/ice storms. How about you? What kinds of storm experiences have you had?